This blog post originally featured HERE on Virtuoso.
In the summer of 2011, President Obama suggested that travel agents had become obsolete. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. The Internet's emergence did make it much easier to research and book your own travel online, but it also created massive amounts of information that's often hard to assimilate.
Virtuoso is a global network of travel advisors and providers (hotels, cruise lines, tour operators). Each member in the network, from an advisor working with you to book travel to a hotelier anticipating your arrival, has unprecedented knowledge of certain parts of the world.
Working with a travel advisor, then, is about cutting through all the available information and arriving at someone with expertise and a sense of how to work best with you. Travel often creates some of our strongest lifetime memories. Why not do it perfectly?
Here are five distinct benefits of working with a travel advisor:
1. Personalized planning: Whether you’re the do-it-yourself type or are looking for someone to completely take the reins, when you collaborate with a travel advisor, your trips will be tailored to your needs, interests, and budget.
2. Global expertise and connections: Not only do Virtuoso travel advisors have extensive personal knowledge of destinations around the world, they have relationships with people in those areas who can arrange experiences that make a trip truly extraordinary.
3. Value for the money: A Virtuoso advisor has access to the same (and often better) pricing than you can find online, and can secure special perks like free room upgrades, daily breakfast, and other benefits you can’t get on your own.
4. VIP treatment: A Virtuoso travel advisor can get you exclusive access to events, private tours, and other extras.
5. Peace of mind: In addition to saving you time and money, your advisor is available 24/7 before, during, and after your trip – so you can relax and have fun.